As we mature, we learn personal characteristics that if utilized effectively, our existence will be grander than our wildest dreams. Imagine having a second chance in redoing some of our most dreaded life experiences. The best way I see for us to avoid some of these pitfalls is to learn from those who are significant to us. Below is a list of simple things I believe are positive traits of meaningful people:
- They are kind.
- They forgive themselves.
- They give credit; and take blame.
- They are better at listening than speaking.
- They make the seemingly little things count.
- They recognize it’s never too late to apologize.
- They stop talking when their point has gotten across.
- They realize people see them for what they do; not say.
- They know that falling down is merely a part of getting up.
- They look directly into your eyes when they are talking with you.
- They appreciate that gloating diminishes what they may have accomplished.
- They understand that keeping their word will prove to be one of their greatest assets.